13 January, 2008

Date Night



We got to go on a date last week! A real date. Drinks, dinner, drinks...Tommy dropped the Barracuda off at my parents house late in the afternoon while I was at work so that when I got home around 7pm we could leave right off.

It was so strange being home without the baby there. I kept having this horrible feeling like I left her somewhere and couldn't remember where.

Without the baby we managed to get out of the house relatively quickly, something that hasn't happened in a long time.
(Note: all new parents are always late. Plan accordingly if you are meeting them somewhere, even their own house.)
We even had time to stop at a bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. Dinner was delicious and after dinner the pint we had at one of our old posts was equally as satisfying. It was only a few hours, but for that brief period of time I felt like I had stepped out of the parent vortex, which was just what I needed before heading home to clean up a really dirty diaper and get spit on. It was kind of like her quiet little protest to our date. Oooohhh Barracuda!

No comments: